What Is Ethics? An Introduction
Every day, people make choices that affect themselves and others. Some decisions are simple, while others involve competing values, responsibilities, or consequences. Questions such as "Should I tell the truth even if someone may be hurt?", "Is it acceptable to use artificial intelligence to complete an assignment?", or "How should we respond to environmental challenges?" all involve ethical thinking.
Ethics is the systematic study of right and wrong, good and bad, responsibility, fairness, and human flourishing. Rather than providing automatic answers, ethics offers principles and methods that help people examine complex situations carefully, weigh competing values, and make informed judgments.
For college students, ethics is more than an academic subject. It is a practical discipline that develops responsible citizenship, professional integrity, digital responsibility, and lifelong decision-making skills. In today's rapidly changing world—including the growing use of artificial intelligence (AI)—ethical reasoning has become an essential competency across every profession.
This article is written from the perspective of a retired college professor with many years of teaching Ethics, Philosophy, Theology, and Character Formation in higher education. Its purpose is educational: to explain major concepts accurately, encourage critical reflection, and connect ethical principles with contemporary issues facing students and professionals. The discussion follows widely recognized academic sources and encourages respectful dialogue rather than promoting particular political or ideological positions.
Learning Outcomes
After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Explain what ethics is and why it is important.
- Differentiate ethical reasoning from personal opinion.
- Recognize the relevance of ethics in academic, professional, and digital environments.
- Apply basic ethical reflection to everyday situations.
- Develop responsible use of AI and emerging technologies.
What Is Ethics?
The word ethics comes from the Greek word ethos, meaning character, habit, or customary way of living. Ethics is a branch of philosophy that examines moral values, human conduct, and the principles that guide responsible decision-making.
Unlike rules that simply tell people what to do, ethics asks deeper questions:
- What makes an action right or wrong?
- What responsibilities do we have toward others?
- How should conflicting values be balanced?
- What kind of person should we strive to become?
Because ethical questions often have no easy answers, ethics encourages careful reasoning, open dialogue, and evidence-based reflection.
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
— Socrates, as recorded in Plato's Apology
Why Study Ethics?
Ethics helps individuals make thoughtful decisions in situations where values, interests, or responsibilities may conflict. Rather than relying solely on personal preference, ethical reasoning encourages individuals to consider fairness, respect, human dignity, and long-term consequences.
1. Ethics Develops Responsible Decision-Making
Students regularly face ethical questions involving academic honesty, teamwork, online behavior, respect for diversity, and responsible communication. Learning ethics provides a structured way to analyze these situations instead of reacting impulsively.
Experiential Reflection: Think about a recent decision you made in school. Did you consider only what was easiest, or did you also think about fairness and responsibility?
2. Ethics Supports Professional Integrity
Every profession has ethical standards that guide responsible practice. Whether one becomes a teacher, engineer, nurse, entrepreneur, lawyer, accountant, architect, or software developer, ethical competence builds public trust and professional credibility.
Employers increasingly value graduates who demonstrate honesty, accountability, collaboration, and sound judgment alongside technical knowledge.
3. Ethics Strengthens Democratic Citizenship
Citizens encounter public issues involving justice, environmental sustainability, human rights, public health, and responsible governance. Ethical reasoning encourages respectful dialogue, informed participation, and consideration of multiple perspectives instead of polarization.
Ethics in the Age of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is transforming education, business, healthcare, and everyday life. Students now have access to AI tools that can assist with research, writing, coding, and problem-solving. While these technologies offer valuable opportunities, they also raise important ethical questions.
Responsible AI use includes:
- Using AI as a learning assistant rather than a substitute for learning.
- Verifying information before accepting AI-generated responses.
- Acknowledging AI assistance when required by institutional policies.
- Protecting privacy and respecting intellectual property.
- Recognizing that human judgment remains essential.
AI literacy means understanding both the capabilities and limitations of AI systems. Ethical users recognize that technology should support responsible human decision-making rather than replace it.
Ethics and Outcomes-Based Education (OBE)
Many colleges and universities now adopt Outcomes-Based Education (OBE), which focuses on what students are able to know, do, and demonstrate after completing a course. Ethics contributes directly to these learning outcomes by emphasizing observable competencies rather than memorization alone.
Students who study ethics develop the ability to:
- Analyze complex problems logically.
- Evaluate competing ethical viewpoints.
- Communicate ideas respectfully.
- Justify decisions using evidence and ethical principles.
- Reflect on the consequences of personal and professional actions.
Ethics and 21st-Century Skills
Modern education emphasizes skills that prepare students for lifelong learning and changing workplaces. Ethics strengthens many of these competencies.
| 21st-Century Skill | How Ethics Contributes |
|---|---|
| Critical Thinking | Analyzes evidence and competing viewpoints before making decisions. |
| Communication | Encourages respectful dialogue and reasoned discussion. |
| Collaboration | Promotes fairness, trust, and shared responsibility. |
| Creativity | Explores ethical solutions to new challenges. |
| Digital Literacy | Supports responsible technology and AI use. |
| Global Citizenship | Encourages respect for diversity and shared human dignity. |
Ethics Is More Than Following Rules
Many people think ethics simply means obeying laws or following rules. While laws are important, ethics often goes further by asking whether actions are fair, compassionate, and socially responsible.
An action may be legal but still raise ethical concerns. Conversely, ethical reflection may encourage individuals to improve policies, institutions, or professional practices for the common good. This distinction helps explain why ethics remains relevant even as societies and technologies evolve.
Experiential Reflection: Consider a situation where something was allowed by the rules but still felt unfair. What ethical values influenced your judgment?
Conclusion
Ethics is the thoughtful study of how people ought to live, make decisions, and relate to others. It equips students with habits of critical reflection, responsible action, and intellectual humility that remain valuable throughout academic, professional, and personal life.
In an increasingly interconnected and technology-driven world, ethical reasoning is no longer limited to philosophy classrooms. It shapes responsible leadership, trustworthy professions, informed citizenship, and the ethical use of artificial intelligence. By learning to examine issues carefully and respectfully, students become better prepared to contribute positively to their communities and future careers.
Sources & Documents Referenced
- Aristotle. Nicomachean Ethics.
- Plato. Apology.
- UNESCO. Recommendation on the Ethics of Artificial Intelligence (2021).
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Philippines. CMO No. 20, Series of 2013: General Education Curriculum.
- OECD. Future of Education and Skills 2030.
This article is intended for educational and informational purposes. It summarizes established concepts in ethics using recognized academic sources and is designed to encourage critical thinking and respectful discussion. Ethical questions often involve context and multiple reasonable perspectives; readers are encouraged to consult course materials, instructors, and primary sources for deeper study.
Continue Your Learning: Explore the succeeding articles in this Ethics Learning Hub to discover major ethical theories, moral decision-making models, and contemporary ethical issues in greater depth. If you wish to buy a supplemental reading material about the topic, you may visit Google Books.
Reflection Question: Can you think of a recent decision—at school, online, or in everyday life—that required ethical judgment? Which values guided your choice, and would you make the same decision today? Why?

Last week I saw someone repost wrong info online about a class suspension, and I chose to comment with the correct announcement instead of just ignoring it. I was guided by honesty and responsibility, and yes, I’d make the same choice today because spreading the truth matters more than staying quiet- 3MJ006518
ReplyDeleteI agree with your decision. Sharing the correct announcement was the responsible thing to do because it helped prevent confusion. Honesty and responsibility are important, especially when information can affect many people.
DeleteA recent decision I made was to complete my school requirements on my own instead of copying from others. The values that guided me were honesty, responsibility, and hard work. Yes, I would make the same decision today because I want to learn from my own efforts and be proud of what I achieve.
ReplyDelete3CM -flor
I also choose honesty and responsibility. I believe doing my schoolwork on my own helps me learn and improve. Hard work may be difficult, but it is worth it because success feels better when I earn it honestly.
Delete3JC2.0
ReplyDeleteMy recent decision about school, especially when i was started school grade 11 in Davao City I always think positive to be a part of thier school and also the confidence. Now I become a college student I use my positive thinking to survive and be proud of myself every challenges I face because I have a positive mind and plan into my future and make impossible.
ReplyDelete3MB-YENG
My recent decision about school was to stay positive and confident when I started Grade 11 in Davao City. Now that I am a college student, I continue to think positively, face challenges with confidence, and work hard to achieve my goals and build a better future.
DeleteA recent online decision was refusing to share a screenshot of a private conversation someone sent me, even when friends asked to see it. The values of respect, trust, and privacy guided my choice, as I knew sharing it would betray confidence and harm that person’s reputation. I would absolutely make the same decision today, because protecting others’ digital boundaries builds integrity and ensures online spaces remain safe and respectful. 3DSA-SHANE
ReplyDeleteA recent decision I made at school was encouraging my classmate not to give up on her studies. During senior high school, she was a working student, and no one was supporting her education. I chose to listen to her and encourage her to keep going even if it's hard. The values that guided my choice were kindness, empathy, and compassion and yes, I would make the same decision today because a few words of encouragement can make a big difference. 3LJC-Yang
ReplyDeleteA recent decision I made was choosing not to share an unverified post on social media. I was guided by the values of honesty, responsibility, and respect for others. I would make the same decision today because spreading false information can harm people. Taking time to check the facts before sharing is the right and responsible thing to do. 3AP-cess
ReplyDeleteA recent decision that required ethical judgment was choosing whether to help a classmate during a test. I knew it would be easy to share answers, but I also understood that it would be dishonest and unfair. The values that guided my choice were honesty, responsibility, and respect for the rules.
ReplyDelete3CJ- Mark
Choosing to face my fear required courage, a value that pushed me to be better everyday rather than letting anxiety limit my potential. Yes, I would make the same decision today because avoiding fear doesn't keep me safe, it just shrinks the space I get to live in.
ReplyDelete2LC-meraki
-2CL
Delete1TE
ReplyDeleteThe recent decision I made is whether I work and stop studying first or pursue my college course dream. The value that guide me is perseverance, because i believe that continuing my education would bring me a better outcome in the future, more opportunities and skill that are probably waiting for me. Yes, I would make the same decision today, because I value education, a personal growth and a better future for me.
A recent decision that required ethical judgment happened after I had an argument with someone important to me. During the argument, I let my emotions control me, and I said things that I later realized were hurtful. After thinking about what happened, I decided to apologize sincerely instead of letting my pride get in the way. If I were in the same situation again, I would still choose to apologize because I learned that admitting my mistakes is better than letting the misunderstanding grow. 3RJ - JACKIE
ReplyDeleteA recent decision I made in school was choosing to finish my group tasks on time, even though it would have been easier to wait for my classmates. I didn't just think about what was easiest, I also considered fairness and responsibility because everyone in the group depended on each other. Making that choice helped our group work better and showed that being responsible is just as important as getting the work done. 2AH- Joyang
ReplyDeleteThe recent decision I made was understanding and helping my guy friend. Way back in my grade 12 I had a guy friend well he had family problems and it affects our friendship because he's declining my approaches. So I let him and said that I'm always ready to listen and understand. Until he opened up to me and say it all the problems he had, I understand, give him advices and encourage him. The values guide my decision was empathy because I understand his situation and I feel what he feels. I will make that decision again today because I helped a friend who needs to listen to him, give comfort and encourage him.
ReplyDelete1KAM
A recent decision I made was to help my classmate answer the questions that our teacher gave us instead of laughing at her with my other classmates. This decision required ethical judgment because I had to choose between joining others in making fun of her or doing the right thing by helping her. The values that guided my choice were kindness, respect, empathy, and responsibility. I would make the same decision today because I believe helping someone who is struggling is better than making them feel embarrassed or left out.
ReplyDelete26VJD
A recent decision I made is I finish my tasks before the deadline, so that I have time to study for other subjects and , Yes this decision making that I have time management also I value my decision today and everyday life time.
ReplyDelete-2YVM
My recent decision in my everyday life is sleeping early so I can wake up early and not be late to school if I didn't do that it can affect my tardiness and my studies it may leave to a fail grade . Being responsible and productive is most important to do so I cannot affect others in my actions. 1BLMA
ReplyDeleteA recent decision I made was giving my friend advice on how he could get through his problems. I was guided by honesty, responsibility, and empathy. Yes, I will make that decision again, because I want my friends to feel that they always have someone to tell their problems to.
ReplyDelete1RC
Sir I entered the wrong code, sorry. (1CR)
DeleteMy recent decision I made in school was choosing to finish my assignment before spending time with my friends, I didn't only think about what was easiest, I also considered my responsibility as a student because I wanted to submit my work on time. I believed it was the fair and responsible thing to do, and it helped me become more disciplined and responsible. The values that influenced my judgment were fairness, equality, and respect because everyone should be treated equally and with kindness. The values that guided my decision were honesty and accountability. I accepted the consequences because telling the truth was more important. Yes, I would make the same decision today because honesty builds.
ReplyDelete1IS-shie
A recent decision I made that required ethical judgment was choosing between continuing my summer job and enrolling in the school and course that I truly wanted. I had a three-month work contract, but CCSA’s classes started before my contract ended. The values that guided my choice were responsibility, honesty, and prioritizing my future goals. Although I felt worried about leaving my job, I realized that studying a course I do not like would affect my focus and my dream of becoming a teacher. If I faced the same decision today, I would still choose to enroll at CCSA because I believe it was the right decision for my future and personal growth.
ReplyDelete-1AJJ
A recent decision I made was when I found a iphone in our classroom. Instead of keeping it for myself, I decided to wait for the owner to come back. And when the owner returned and asked if anyone had seen their phone, I first confirmed if it really belonged to her, and then I returned it.
ReplyDeleteThe values that guided my choice were honesty and doing what is right. I believe this is what ethics means.
If the same situation happens again, I will make the same decision. I know that keeping something that does not belong to me is unfair, and returning it makes me feel proud that I acted in a good way.
-NGl
Sorry sir, entered the wrong code (2GL)
DeleteOne time online, I saw a fake post spreading wrong information. I thought about sharing it, but I stopped and checked first. I decided not to share it because I value truth and responsibility. Ethics is about choosing what is right and not causing harm to others. If it happens again, I would do the same because spreading the truth is more important than just reacting quickly. 1AK-kea
ReplyDeleteEthics is a branch of philosophy that deals with distinguishing right from wrong, good from bad, and guiding human conduct and decision-making based on moral principles and values. It explores how individuals, groups, and societies should behave, examining concepts like justice, fairness, responsibility, integrity, and respect for others.1PL-jenaa
ReplyDeleteA recent decision that required ethical judgment was choosing my college course. I originally wanted to take Hospitality Management (HM), but because of our financial situation, my mother decided which school I would attend and suggested that I take Education instead. Although it was not my first choice, I chose to respect her decision because I know she wants what is best for me and our family. The values that guided my choice were respect, responsibility, and practicality. If I had to make the same decision today, I would still choose Education because I understand our financial situation, and I believe that making practical decisions can help me achieve my goals while supporting my family.You can make it shorter or more personal if your teacher prefers a brief reflection.
ReplyDelete1SA-lex
Sorry, Sir. I would like to apologize for the last sentence I sent. I did not intend to send it. I was writing my reflection using AI, and I accidentally included that sentence in my message. I didn't notice that it had been included before I sent it. I sincerely apologize for the mistake.
ReplyDeleteIdolizing celebrities online, that uses artificial intelligence(AI) in a useless thing. I get to the point that I have to ask myself if it's right to idolize them instead of focusing to the right thing. My decision was clear, I know that it's not good to support them. Using AI in a useless thing is no good and does not help anything.
ReplyDelete1AA0307
A recent decision that required ethical judgment happened during our Scout first aid activity. Some of our groupmates forgot to bring the needed materials, especially the neckerchief for bandaging and the pad. Instead of blaming them or leaving them out, we decided to share the materials we had so everyone could still participate.
ReplyDeleteThe values that guided my choice were helpfulness, teamwork, and responsibility. I believe it is better to help each other than to make someone feel bad because of a mistake.
15VCB
The First week of July 3 to be exact, a recent decision I made, Instead of cutting ahead of other people yesterday, I waited in line. I made the decision to act fairly and with respect. Yes, since everyone deserves their turn, I would choose the same course of action.
ReplyDelete- 2NR
The First week of July 3 to be exact, a recent decision I made, Instead of cutting ahead of other people, I waited in line. I made the decision to act fairly and with respect. Yes I'll gladly do it again, since everyone deserves their turn, I would choose the same course of action.
Delete- 2NR
A recent ethical decision I made was being honest in a school activity. My choice was guided by honesty and responsibility. Yes, I would make the same decision because it is the right thing to do. 3CL-mier
ReplyDeleteRecently, I thought about transferring to St. John Paul II College of Davao, because I was having a hard time adjusting and wanted to be with my high school friends again. The value that guides my choice was honesty because I admitted to myself that when I'm with them I feel happy, comfortable, and at peace, but I chose to stay and face this challenge because I know we have different paths to take. — 1TA
ReplyDeleteA recent decision I made at school was encouraging my friend not to give up on her dreams, even though she believed they were no longer right for her. I chose to support her because I value kindness, encouragement, and believing in someone's potential, and I would make the same decision again because everyone deserves someone who reminds them not to lose hope. – 1SD
ReplyDeleteRecently, I chose to complete my schoolwork on my own instead of copying someone else's answers. Honesty and responsibility guided my decision. I would make the same choice today because I believe success is more meaningful when it is earned through hard work. 1BJ
ReplyDeleteAfter I graduated from Senior High School, I fully expected to enroll in a culinary course. However, my mom fell ill right after graduation. I had also thought I would be staying in a boarding house near the school, which was intimidating because it would be my first time traveling alone, and I genuinely hate crowded places.
ReplyDeleteThe value that guided me most was respect and contentment. Instead of complaining, I chose to respect my family's situation and prioritize what was practical over what I wanted.
I would make the exact same decision today. I believe that while it is incredibly hard to choose a path that makes us uncomfortable, facing those challenges teaches us lessons that shape who we are. It forces us to grow strong and independent, and preparing us for much bigger responsibilities in the future.
-2BE
Choosing to face my fear taught me to be brave and believe in myself. It was not easy, but I realized that facing my fears helps me grow and become stronger. Yes, I would make the same decision today because every challenge I overcome gives me more confidence for the future."
ReplyDelete2SF14
The last ethical decision I made was when my friends and I chose to walk with our friend instead of riding. We had eaten lunch at
ReplyDeleteOutside school, and afterward we were tired and planned to ride back. However, one of our friends did not have money for fare, so we walked with her instead, even though we were already tired. Through this, we showed empathy and compassion by understanding her situation.
-2ATA
A recent decision I made was choosing not to share a classmate embarrassing photo in our group chat, even though many others were doing it.i believed it was wrong because it could hurt their feelings and damage their reputation. The values that guided my choice were respect and kindness
ReplyDelete-2CRA°
The recent decision I made was quitting the mobile game that made my life more hard, miserable, and I almost don't want to socialize with my family and friends. Now, I encourage my friends to quit the bad habit they do in their everyday life. Because I can see all of their potential.
ReplyDelete-1MKJ
Be independent. That's the recent decision I made at school, because I realized that in this world, l will never be succesful if I'm too dependent on other people. Courage and compassion led me to be an independent person, it reminds me that to be alone is not weak, to be alone is not lonely. Do not afraid to be alone, be who you are. And I don't regret any decisions I made that led me to this, to be an independent person. 1EPJM
ReplyDeleteMy recent decision was prioritizing my studies over work, even though I lacked financial stability. I made this decision because learning creates a better future, and I would pick the same path today to build lasting success.
ReplyDelete-1CL
A recent decision that I made to keep my integrity and to obtain the personality of honesty and thoughtfulness was happened in the sari-sari store
ReplyDeleteLast week, the cashier gave me an extra change. Instead of keeping the extra change, I choose to return it to the cashier. Small honestly builds big trust, I do really believe that deciding what's right is crucial. Even when there's no one watching and clear clues.
Small honestly has a big impact on those people around us. I'll still keep my ethical values and obtain the personality of being honest even if there's no one watching. EVEN IN SMALL THINGS.- 13AR
A recent ethical decision I made was choosing not to copy a classmate’s answers, even though it was tempting. I was guided by honesty and responsibility. I would make the same choice today because I’d rather earn my results fairly and learn from my own work.
ReplyDelete1AK
A recent decision that required ethical judgment was choosing where to study for college. I really wanted to study at UM and take Hospitality Management because it has always been the course I wanted. Although my family could afford the tuition at times, there were also times when paying for it would be difficult. Because of that, I decided to enroll at CCSA, where I could apply for a scholarship. I am now taking BTVTEd major in Food Service Management, even though becoming a teacher was never part of my plan.
ReplyDeleteThe values that guided my decision were responsibility, practicality, and love for my family. If I had to make the same decision today, I would still choose it. While this is not the path I originally wanted, I believe I should give it my best and stay open to discovering my passion along the way.
- 2CS
Recently, I decided to change my academic schedule from weekends to weekdays. I did this decision because my family wanted me to focus on my studies instead of working while I am still in school. The value that guided my choice was responsibility. I understood that finishing my education is my priority, so I carefully considered what would be best for my future.
ReplyDelete-1CC
A recent decision that required ethical judgment happened at school way back when is was in grade 12 and my friend showed me a ridiculous video on her phone. Since I couldn't see it clearly, I held her phone and stood up to show it to another classmate, but while I was doing that, my classmate accidentally bumped into my arm and the phone fell and its screen broke. Even though it was an accident, I immediately apologized to my friend and told her I would help pay for the damage, because I was the one holding the phone and the one who asked our classmate to watch the video. The values that guided my choice were responsibility, honesty, and accountability. Yes, I would make the same decision today, because admitting my mistake and taking responsibility shows honesty and respect for other people's things, even when the situation wasn't fully my fault.
ReplyDelete-2MC-wow.com
My recent decision at online is the need of most ethical reflection today. Many people use social media every day, so it is important to think before posting, commenting, or sharing information. We should be honest, respectful, and responsible online. By making good choices on the internet, we can protect ourselves and show kindness to others. Think properly before posting something.
ReplyDelete
-1TAJ
A recent decision I decided is not to share false information online even though many people were posting it. I chose to check if it was true first. The values that guided me were honesty and responsibility. Yes, I would make the same decision today because sharing correct information helps others and avoids confusion.
Delete-TAJ
A recent decision that required ethical judgment was lending my friend ₱1k so she could enroll in school, even though I wasn't sure if she could pay me back. The values that guided my decision were compassion and gratitude because she had helped me during my own struggles, and I didn't want financial problems to stop her education. Yes, I would make the same decision again because helping someone continue their studies is more important to me than expecting anything in return.
ReplyDelete-2BR
My recent decision that required ethical judgment was choosing to enroll in college in Davao City instead of studying near my home in Bunawan. The values that guided my decision were faith, responsibility, and gratitude because I believed there would be more opportunities here, and I wanted to honor my family's sacrifices for my education. Yes, I would make the same decision again because I am determined to finish college and make their sacrifices worthwhile.
ReplyDelete-2LR
A recent decision I made was not to follow the behavior of toxic people. Sometimes, they were my own family, but there came a time when they treated me like their enemy. I chose to be different from them because I believe that the way you treat and respect other people is often reflected in how they treat you. When you receive a harsh response, it can show how people see you and how your actions have affected them. I would make the same decision today because I want to treat others with kindness and respect, even if they do not always do the same. 1PJL
ReplyDeleteOne decision that need ethical judgment is when my classmate ask for my answers. I did not give it and just help him understand the lesson. Honesty and responsibility guide my choice, and I will still do the same today because it is the right thing to do. 1ASD
ReplyDeleteOne recent online decision I made was choosing not to forward a private message that a friend had shared with me, even though others were curious and asked to read it. My decision was guided by the values of honesty, respect, and confidentiality because I believed that personal conversations should remain private. Sharing the message could have damaged trust and caused unnecessary harm to the other person. If faced with the same situation again, I would make the same choice because respecting privacy helps maintain strong relationships and promotes a safer and more responsible online environment.
ReplyDelete-2CR JR.
-1PA
ReplyDeleteEthics is the study of what is right and wrong in human actions, and it helps people make good decisions that affect themselves and others. It involves values like honesty, fairness, and responsibility, and it does not always give exact answers but instead guides thinking in difficult situations. Ethics encourages people to consider consequences, respect others, and ask deeper questions about how they should live and act. Overall, it helps develop responsible behavior and better decision-making skills.
I recently chose to be honest about something even though I was tempted to do otherwise. It made me realize how thinking about what is right and wrong helps guide my decisions.
DeleteA recent ethical decision I made was choosing to do my school work honestly instead of copying someone else's answers. The values that guided me were honesty and responsibility. Yes, I would make the same decision today because it helps me learn and builds trust.
ReplyDelete12JPS
A recent situation that required ethical judgment happened while I was watching over our store. A customer accidentally gave me more money than the total amount of their purchase. As soon as I noticed the mistake, I immediately returned the extra money instead of keeping it.
ReplyDeleteThe values that guided my decision were honesty and responsibility. As the store attendant, I believed it was my duty to return the extra money because it was the right thing to do. I also believe that our actions have consequences, and that doing good will eventually bring good back to us. If I had kept the money, I would have felt guilty because it did not belong to me.
Yes, I would make the same decision today. Being honest is one of the values I am most proud of because not everyone chooses to act with integrity. I believe honesty is a quality that defines a respectable and honorable person.
-2LJ@hyst
A recent decision that required ethical judgment was choosing my college course. I was interested in taking Nursing or Hospitality Management, but because of our financial situation, I decided to take Education since it is the course that my parents can afford. The values that guided my decision were responsibility, understanding, and respect for my parents. Yes, I would make the same decision today because I know they are doing their best to support my education, and I appreciate all their sacrifices for my future.
ReplyDelete1EHS
The values that guided my decision were honesty, responsibility, respect, and integrity. I believe that learning is more important than simply getting a high grade. By doing my own work, I was able to understand the lesson better and stay true to my values.
ReplyDelete-1ELJ
Few weeks ago I found out that a former classmate's video got leaked online. Our other classmates saw it and even other students in our school were sharing it, making jokes, and sending it in their group chats. My friend sent it to me too and said, “classmate nimo ni, diba?. Nakita nani nimo?” And the only thing that guided me is respect and dignity. What happened to her was already a violation of her privacy, and sharing it on chat would only make it worse. So I didn’t open it, and I didn’t forward it. I told the person who sent it to me, “Delete that, and don't share it to other person. This isn’t ours to share.” We just reported the account who posted the scandal, and she filed a case to the baranggay and take down the video. I will definitely make the same decision today. We were old enough to understand that our clicks and shares have real consequences, if I shared it, I’d be contributing to bullying and to something that could damage her mental health and future. 1EPJM
ReplyDeleteFor me Ethics is choosing to do what is right and good, even when no one is watching, and even when it is difficult. (Sorry late answer po sir mali akong na answeran sa week 1 po) 1RI-21
ReplyDeleteI chose responsibility and honesty. I think that completing my coursework independently aids in my learning and development. Success feels better when it is earned honestly, even though hard work can be challenging, it is worth it.
ReplyDelete1LJ-06
Last week me and my mother had an argument, And as a person with a high ego or high pride at the same time a person that feel bad easily, After that argument I went to school but during our class I can't stop thinking about what happened earlier that day. So I made a decision, I decided to apologize. The value that guided my decision is self-decipline, Growth, and especially Respect, because I realized what I did was really wrong even though my mother also did something wrong she still my mother and I need to respect her and learn and accept my mistakes.
ReplyDelete-2BAJ
A recent decision I made was choosing not to spread a rumor that I saw online, even though many people were sharing it. I realized that sharing unverified information could hurt someone's reputation or cause misunderstandings. The values that guided my decision were honesty, respect, and responsibility. Looking back, I would make the same decision today because it is important to think about how our actions affect others and to use social media in a responsible and respectful way.
ReplyDelete-2CP
DeleteWrong code -2PC
A recent decision that required ethical judgment was when a friend asked me to send my quiz answers because they hadn't studied. I wanted to help, but I knew it wouldn't be honest or fair to my classmates, so I politely refused and offered to help them study instead. My decision was guided by honesty, fairness, and responsibility. Looking back, I would make the same choice today because doing the right thing is more important than taking an easy shortcut, and it helps build trust and good character.
ReplyDelete-2 AT
ReplyDeleteRecently, I got too much change from a store vendor. I could have kept it, but I chose to return the extra money right away. Honesty and fairness guided me I know how hard they work. I’d definitely do the same today. Even if no one saw, I’d rather have a clear conscience than keep something that isn’t mine.
-2JVP
ReplyDeleteMy recent decision that required ethical judgment was choosing not to copy a classmate's assignment even though I was running out of time. I decided to finish my work on my own because I value honesty, responsibility, and fairness. It was more difficult and took extra effort, but I knew it was the right thing to do. If I faced the same situation today, I would make the same decision because earning my grades honestly helps me learn and build good character.
2-AANGELEE
A few weeks ago, someone shared fake news in our group chat about a scholarship. The values that guided me were responsibility and respect, so I checked the facts first and told the group it wasn’t true. I’d do the same today because spreading wrong information can hurt people who really need that opportunity.
ReplyDelete-2VS
A recent decision I made was choosing to do my assignment on my own instead of copying from others or relying too much on AI. I was guided by honesty, responsibility, and integrity. Yes, I would make the same decision today because I want to learn from my own work and be proud of what I achieve. - 1DL
ReplyDelete